The MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2024 in the United States by MCW Global is a leadership opportunity for people all over the globe who want to do their part to improve the lives of people in underdeveloped and developing communities. The MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Program is open to anybody between the ages of 18 and 26. By instilling in them the ideals of global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning, the MCW Global Fellowship fully-funded leadership program will assist the young people become leaders of change in their communities.
For those who are motivated, eager, and passionate, MCW Young Leaders Fellowship provides a fantastic opportunity to grow professionally. The young minds are prepared to collaborate with their peers in the team under the leadership of experienced mentors with the purpose of promoting local change through global interchange. As a result, communities benefit from fresh perspectives and actionable project-based work. The MCW Young Leaders Fellowship program is separated into the following important phases including community need assessment, project development, and alumni mentorship and assistance for a length of roughly one year. Youth are encouraged to think creatively and develop workable answers to the problems identified by their communities.
The first step of the free, fully-funded exchange program in the United States is an assessment of community needs in which members of the community are actively involved in order to better identify those needs. To become revolutionary leaders in the communities, they are provided with the appropriate training. Young people are provided with cutting-edge resources and information that will equip them to evaluate their community with a realistic and objective perspective. Participants present their imaginative plans to carry them out better through a strong and efficient action plan that is based on real-world circumstances after the assessment of their needs. In order to ensure that the project is carried out in an authentic manner, young potentials are encouraged to identify the abilities necessary against each action item. Alumni assistance is provided to everyone for this purpose to assist them in carrying out the desired project.
The fully-funded international fellowship in the year 2024 is held by MCW. In addition to bolstering the financial stability of local communities around the world, the organization’s stated mission is to improve the standard of education and healthcare available to those living in those areas. By empowering current young leaders and preparing future leaders for that purpose, the organization is consistently working to solve the widespread needs of the communities. With partner groups throughout Africa, it is based in New York. Integrity, compassion, accountability, excellence, and responsibility are also cornerstones of community development programs.
MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Highlights
- Level of Study: MCW Young Leader Access Program (Summer Exchange Program)
- Fellowship Location: New York, Burlington, and Vermont; USA
- Duration: 10 Days (in July 2024)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
About MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Program
MCW Global is a Non-Profit organization with a vision for communities around the world to achieve greater levels of Education, Improved Health, and Increased Economic Security.
- MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Program is a Fully Funded Expenses Covered International Summer Exchange Program.
- Every student with any type of academic background is eligible to apply. I Repeat, any Student with any academic background is eligible to apply.
MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Benefits
- International Economy Flights for International Participants
- Domestic Economy flights for US Participants
- Housing from the evening of July 10 – July 20, 2024
- Three meals per day from July 11 – July 19, 2024
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- MCW will cover economy flight costs
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
Eligibility For MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Program
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (June 1, 2024);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation;
- Submit a completed application on or before Sunday, November 12, 2023, 11:59 PM (NYC EST time).
The Following Documents should be uploaded in the Online Application Form. The application must be filled out in English to apply for MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Program.
- The application must be filled out in English.
- Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
- The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
- Application Portal
- Click below to create an account and submit the application by Sunday, November 12, 2023.
Also check: SUNY Brockport Scholarships 2024 USA
Stay on Track Timeline
- October 13, 2023: MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Application Opens;
- November 12, 2023: MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Application Closes;
- December 4, 2023: First-round Decisions Sent Out; Shortlist Candidates Notified; Second-Round Application Opens;
- December 15, 2023: Second Round Application Closes;
- January 10 – 19, 2024: Interviews with Alumni;
- January 26, 2024: Acceptances Sent Out;
- February 2, 2024: Confirmation of Acceptances;
- February 9, 2024: Confirmation of Visa Interview Date and Deposit;
- June 1 – June 30, 2024: Community Needs Assessment;
- July 9 – July 18, 2024: In-Person Training Program – MCW Young Leaders Fellowship in New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont;
- July 2024 – July 2025: The Entire Young Leaders Fellowship Duration.
How to Apply for the MCW Young Leaders Fellowship Program?
- You have to create an account first at this site https://mcwylap.herokuapp.com/
- Start your application.
- Upload the supporting documents.
- Ensure to fill in all the required fields.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.
- Need help with this Exchange Program? Comment Yes and write down your question on our Facebook Page Post so we can better guide you.