TechGirls Exchange Program 2024 USA: Hurry up! don’t miss out this opportunity, Women who want to work in science or technology have the chance to share their knowledge through the TechGirls Exchange program.TechGirls Exchange Program is fully funded and offers women opportunities to further their professions as well as methods to interact with and improve their knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Since 2012, 392 young girls (ages 15–17) from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Yemen have come to the United States to take part in the TechGirls Exchange program. There, mentors have trained and assisted them. The program is now open to young women from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan because it was made bigger.
Do not pass up this opportunity to apply as soon as possible for the fantastic TechGirls Exchange Program, which is an exchange program for girls. The Full Opportunities Network is always disseminating the most recent details on these initiatives.
About the USA TechGirls Exchange program
This TechGirls Exchange Program opportunity is 100% fully funded and includes all expenses such as travel, lodging, health insurance, meals, etc. For roughly 111 young women from 35 participating countries and 25 American peers in 2022, an exciting 4-week experience in the United States will be paired with an 8-month mentorship program (including pre- and post-exchanges).
The TechGirls Exchange Program, which is a collaboration with Virginia Tech University and is provisionally set to start in July, may include a 25-day stay in the US. In addition to gaining information and feeling empowered, TechGirls participants often go home and start community-based initiatives.
We collaborate with Virginia Tech’s Center for Enhancing Engineering Diversity to offer a student engineering camp, and workshops offer opportunities to learn from some of the country’s most forward-thinking tech experts. Technology Girls aims to inspire women to seek higher education in fields where they are underrepresented and, as a result, improve their prospects of obtaining technical employment by giving them access to a rich cultural immersion experience.
TechGirls Exchange Program 2024 Highlights
- Location: USA
- Program: Exchange Program
- Opportunity: Fully Funded
- Number of participants: 146
- Duration: 25 days in the USA
- Deadline: December 8, 2023
Benefits of TechGirls Exchange program
The project is fully funded and covers the following areas:
- VISA fees.
- All travel expenses.
- Complete food cost.
- Medical insurance.
- Participation in cultural events.
Criteria for the TechGirls Exchange program
- It is required that you be between the ages of 15 and 17.
- You must have an interest in technology, engineering, or math.
- It is essential that you are proficient in English.
- Previously, you must not have visited the United States.
Also check: SUNY Brockport Scholarships 2024 USA
- A transcript of the academic record
- There are eight essay questions.
- A recent photograph.
- The passport number, if you have one.
All TechGirls participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts review applications.
- For international semi-finalists, U.S. embassy personnel in host country/territory of permanent residence conduct interviews.
- For U.S. semi-finalists, Legacy International conducts interviews.
Eligible Countries For TechGirls Exchange Program
Students eligible to apply are those who:
- Are citizens of one of the eligible countries or territories AND living in that country or territory at time of exchange?
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF): Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, and Zambia
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP): Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR): Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
- Middle East and North Africa (NEA): Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
- South and Central Asia (SCA): Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere (WHA): Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, and Suriname
- United States of America
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange on July 13, 2024
- Born on or between July 13, 2006 and July 13, 2009;
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in science, technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in STEM, especially technology;
- Have strong English language skills (advanced intermediate English skills);
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country;
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home; and
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for a J-1 visa).
- Eligible candidates must be citizens and current residents of participating countries. Third-country nationals permanently living in an eligible country should contact us to determine eligibility prior to applying.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have travelled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
Please note that family members of U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff. U.S. Department of State employees, family members of the administering organization or partner organizations are not eligible to apply.
TechGirls encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
The 2024 TechGirls application is open and will close on December 8, 2023 at 12:00 PM noon ET. All applicants will be notified of their status in March 2024.
How to Apply for the TechGirls Exchange program?
There is an online application form.
- Deadline: December 8, 2023, is the last date to apply for this program.
- Program Duration: 25 Days in the USA