Keep your studies going in Canada. There’s good news! Undergraduate Scholarships at UBC are currently available.
In this essay, we will go through the details of these scholarships, their perks, and the application process step by step. Outstanding International Student (OIS) Awards and International Major Entrance Scholarships are the two forms of UBC Undergraduate Scholarships (IMES). Depending on available money, the number and level of international scholarships awarded each year vary.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) honors outstanding students from all around the world by allocating more than $20 million per year to awards, scholarships, and other types of financial aid for international undergraduate students.
Also check: IST Postdoctoral Fellowships, Austria 2023
When the University of British Columbia (UBC) accepts a qualified student, they get the Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award, which is a one-time scholarship based on merit. Students who get this award have done well in school and have been involved in activities outside of school.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to outstanding international students who are applying to University of British Columbia undergraduate programs. IMES scholarships are awarded to students when they begin their first year at the University of British Columbia (UBC), and they are renewable for up to three further years of study. Depending on available resources, the number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary.
About University of British Columbia (UBC)
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university in British Columbia with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna. The University of British Columbia is British Columbia’s (UBC) oldest university, having been established in 1908. The university is one of Canada’s top three universities. The University of British Columbia funds nearly 8,000 projects each year with a $759 million research budget.
The University Endowment Lands are roughly 10 kilometers (6 miles) west of downtown Vancouver, where the Vancouver campus is located. The world’s largest cyclotron is at TRIUMF, Canada’s national particle and nuclear physics facility, which is at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
Also check: China Hubei Government Scholarships 2023
In addition to the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies and the Stuart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute, the University of British Columbia (UBC) and the Max Planck Society established the first Max Planck Institute in North America, specializing in quantum materials. The UBC Library system, which has 21 branches, is one of Canada’s largest research libraries, with over 9.9 million volumes. Kelowna, British Columbia, is home to the Okanagan campus, which was acquired in 2005.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) has produced eight Nobel laureates, 74 Rhodes scholars, 65 Olympic medalists, ten fellows of both the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Royal Society, and 273 fellows of the Royal Society of Canada. Three Canadian prime ministers attended the University of British Columbia, including Kim Campbell, Canada’s first female prime minister, and Justin Trudeau, the current prime minister.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Study in: Canada
- Deadline: January 15, 2023 (annual)
- People, Culture and Society.
- History, Law and Politics.
- Languages and Linguistics.
- Media and Fine arts.
- Business and Economics.
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability.
- Health and Life Sciences.
- Engineering and Technology.
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics.
For more information, click here.
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
To qualify for University of British Columbia (UBC) Undergraduate Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English. English is the primary language of instruction in University of British Columbia (UBC). All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be new to University of British Columbia (UBC), entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student who will be studying at University of British Columbia (UBC) on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the UBC Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Create a new account from here
- Complete your personal profile and apply for University of British Columbia (UBC). details here
Please note: submit documents showing you meet the minimum English Language Admission Standard by February 15.
University of British Columbia (UBC) FAQs
What is the rank of UBC?
UBC ranks second in Canada and 13th internationally for 2022 based on its research, outreach, and stewardship.
Is UBC good option for international students?
International students pick UBC for its high rankings, research excellence, and well-qualified teaching personnel.
Is UBC fully funded for international students?
If you’re not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you must pay international tuition fee at UBC.