The University of Melbourne is a major Australian university on a fully funded scholarship, you should read this article. In this article, we will go over University Of Melbourne scholarships, their benefits, and the application process step by step.
International students can apply for the University Of Melbourne Scholarship 2023, which is a fully funded scholarship. These scholarships are available for master’s and doctoral programs. These scholarships cover the entire cost of tuition as well as travel expenses, a living allowance of $31,200 a year, and academic expenses.
Hundreds of rewards are available at the University Of Melbourne to recognize hard work and excellence as you progress through your program. You can win prizes that will help you concentrate on your academics, starting in your first year of undergraduate study, through internships, and all the way to your PhD. These rates will not only assist you while you study, but they will also become an important component of your CV.
The ‘Melbourne Model’ is designed for international flexibility, and over 1300 students are sent abroad each year for semester, year, or short-term intensive programs. Graduate students might seek financing to engage in research in other countries, participate in and publish research, or network with colleagues at major conferences.
Also check: Elks National Foundation Scholarships 2024 USA
Interesting Facts About The University Of Melbourne
Certainly! Here are some interesting facts about the University of Melbourne:
- Established in 1853: The University of Melbourne is the second-oldest university in Australia, founded just 17 years after the country itself.
- Top Global Rankings: It consistently ranks among the top universities globally in various international university rankings, making it one of the world’s leading institutions for higher education.
- Nobel Laureates: The University of Melbourne has produced a significant number of Nobel laureates, including Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnet and Sir John Eccles, for their contributions to physiology and medicine.
- Beautiful Campuses: Its campuses are renowned for their architectural beauty and green spaces. The main Parkville campus features historic sandstone buildings, while the Southbank campus offers stunning views of the Yarra River.
- Diverse Student Body: The University of Melbourne is home to a diverse community of students from over 150 countries, creating a multicultural and vibrant atmosphere on campus.
- Innovative Research: Melbourne is a leader in research, with groundbreaking discoveries in various fields, including medicine, science, and engineering. It’s home to the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, known for its neurological research.
- Melbourne Model: The university introduced the “Melbourne Model,” a unique curriculum structure that allows undergraduates to study a broad range of subjects before specializing in their chosen field. This approach fosters well-rounded graduates.
- Alumni Success: Its alumni network includes prominent figures such as Prime Ministers, Nobel laureates, business leaders, and artists. Graduates have achieved success in various fields worldwide.
- Cultural Hub: The University of Melbourne is located in the heart of Melbourne, Australia’s cultural capital. The city is known for its art, music, food, and diverse cultural offerings, providing students with a rich cultural experience.
- Sustainability: The University of Melbourne is committed to sustainability, with initiatives aimed at reducing its environmental impact. It’s a signatory of the International University Commitment to Divest from Fossil Fuels.
- Collaborative Research: It actively collaborates with institutions and organizations worldwide, fostering international research partnerships and global perspectives.
- University of Melbourne Publishing: The university is home to Melbourne University Publishing, a renowned academic publishing house known for its contributions to literature, politics, and history.
- Notable Landmarks: Campus landmarks include the Old Quadrangle building, the Wilson Hall Great Hall, and the Melbourne School of Design building, designed by architect Nonda Katsalidis.
These fascinating facts showcase the University of Melbourne’s rich history, academic excellence, commitment to research, and significant impact on the global stage.
University of Melbourne Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- University Name: University of Melbourne
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Please visit the graduate course pages to find all the available courses.
- Program Period:
- 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree
- Up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree
- Deadline: If you have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships.
The University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023 will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year pro rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity, and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership is for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
Eligibility for University of Melbourne Scholarship
To qualify for the University of Melbourne Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Have applied for and met the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne, or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
How to Apply for University of Melbourne Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the University of Melbourne Scholarship:
- Step 1: Choose your course
- Step 2: Check eligibility and fees
- Step 3: Prepare your documentation
- Step 4: Apply with Melbourne
- Step 5: Be assessed and wait for offers
- Step 5: Plan for accommodation