Apply for the Director’s Scholarships at the University of California Irvine (UCI) to earn your undergraduate degree. The grant program is available for the 2023–2024 school year.
This University of California Irvine scholarship intends to assist both domestic and foreign students who will enroll in the university’s undergraduate degree program.
In Irvine, California, there is a public land-grant research institution called the University of California Irvine (UCI). UCI has over 30,000 undergraduate students and 6,000 graduate students, and it provides 87 undergraduate degrees, 129 graduate and professional degrees. The development, transfer, preservation, and application of knowledge for the benefit of our global community is its main goal as a public research institution.
At the University of California Irvine (UCI), people are encouraged to be endlessly curious. The innovators, dreamers, and brave thinkers are their students. They are energizing, driven, and concerned about their surroundings. All of UCI’s students receive a genuinely top-notch, well-rounded education.
Interesting Facts About University of California Irvine (UCI)
In Irvine, California, there is a public land-grant research institution known as the University of California Irvine (UCI or UC Irvine). UCI is one of the ten campuses that make up the University of California system. As of Fall 2019, there were around 30,000 undergraduate students and 6,000 graduate students enrolled at UCI.
The institution is one of these, and in 2018, it spent $436.6 million on research and development. In 1996, UCI joined the Association of American Universities. In polls conducted in 1985 and 2001 that compared publicly funded colleges, the university was rated as one of the “Public Ivies,” according to the writers, who said it offered an education on par with that of the Ivy League.
The (UCI) university also oversees the University of California Irvine Arboretum, a component of the University of California Natural Reserve System, and the University of California Irvine Medical Center, a sizable teaching hospital in Orange, and its associated health sciences system. The first Earth System Science Department in the country was established at UCI.
One of three new UC campuses built in the 1960s to handle rising enrollments across the UC system was UC Irvine (UCI). The Irvine Company sold 1,000 acres (400 ha) of land to the University of California Irvine for one dollar to build the new campus after selecting a location in Orange County in 1959. A graduating address by President Barack Obama was given to mark the campus dedication by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964.
As of January 2022, the institution had graduates, staff, or researchers who were 8 Nobel Prize laureates, 7 Pulitzer Prize winners, 6 MacArthur “Genius Grant” recipients, 37 Guggenheim Fellows, and 1 Turing Award winner.
The Big West Conference currently has the University of California Irvine Anteaters competing in Division I. The teams competed at the NCAA Division II level in the institution’s early years. The Anteaters have triumphed in 28 national championships across nine different team sports, 64 national championships at the individual level, 53 Olympic appearances, and 33 medals at the Games.
University of California Irvine Scholarship Highlights
- University Name: University of California Irvine (UCI)
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Education fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by November 30, each year.
Eligibility for University of California Irvine Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To be eligible for the Directors’ Scholarship, you must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or an international student with an F1 visa.
How to Apply for University of California Irvine Scholarship?
- Applicants can submit their admission applications by logging in to the university portal at the University of California Irvine. No additional materials are required nor considered in the selection process. The Selection is based on a comprehensive review of the admissions application, including, but not limited to, test scores and grades.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit academic records, transcripts, test scores, annual income, Social Security number, and Citizenship status.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the necessary academic requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: All international students must verify their English proficiency by meeting their English language requirements.
for University of California Irvine Scholarship Benefits
The University of California Irvine will provide the education funds to the selected students in the USA to cover their educational expenses.