The Agency for Science, Technology and Research A*STAR International Fellowship is the best scholarship for international students who want to study a postdoctoral degree in Singapore.
A*STAR International Fellowship give you the chance to teach cutting-edge classes at well-known universities and labs. This will help you learn new scientific skills and do cutting-edge research in your field of expertise. You will not only learn from the brightest brains, but you will also build priceless connections with the world’s research community thanks to this global knowledge.
With the A*STAR International Fellowship, you can broaden your learning opportunities, improve your comprehension, and create contacts throughout the world to advance your career in science. Your postdoctoral training in renowned foreign laboratories is entirely supported by this scholarship.
You can network with the world’s research community thanks to this exposure to a global audience. You will begin a fascinating career at an A*STAR Research Institute after completing your post-doctoral training. Scholars will return to Singapore and work at the A*STAR Research Institute for three years after completing their post-doctoral research training.
- Organization: A*STAR Research Institute
- Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Fully Funded
- ~ Chemicals, materials and energy
- ~ Electronics
- ~ Engineering
- ~ Food, nutrition & consumer care
- ~ Pharmaceuticals & biologic
- ~ Medical technology
- ~ Infocomms (info-communications)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Program Period: 2 years
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Singapore.
- Deadline: 1 October of the preceding year / 1 March of the same year
Also check: CSC-KUT Scholarships 2023 Japan
Eligibility requirements for an A*STAR International Fellowship are as follows:
- Required Language is English.
- Countries: Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
Note: The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Also check: UNESCO Scholarship Prize 2023 2024 Bahrain
Also check: Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) 2023
The A*STAR International Fellowship provides the following benefits:
- Monthly overseas living allowance.
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable).
- Annual return airfare.
- Other allowances including:
- ~ Settling-in allowance.
- ~ Computer allowance.
- ~ Book allowance.
- ~ Conference allowance.
- Annual personal insurance.
- The 3 years will be completed and funded by the preferred A*STAR Research Institute.
- All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab, and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time.
How to Apply?
To apply for an A*STAR International Fellowship Kindly follow the simple and easy application procedure:
- Sign Up to create your own account, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
- Fill in the required application, then Submit.
- After you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend psychometric test/s and at least two rounds of interviews.
Also check: Hungary Government Scholarships 2023
Note for the interview: You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project. This is followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
Next interview round if you qualify: you will need to seek endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director for you to serve the 1-year service commitment period at that Research Institute after the post-doctoral training under the AIF.
A*STAR Research Institute FAQs
How much A*STAR Award granted to students?
A*STAR international scholarship is the fully funded which covered following benefits to the students:
living allowance, monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable), Annual return airfare, Settling-in allowance, Computer allowance, Book allowance, Conference allowance, Annual personal insurance and others.
How can international students apply for A*STAR Scholarship?
1-Sign Up to create your own account, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
2-Fill in the required application, then Submit.
3-After you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application.
What is the full form of A*STAR?
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research