The Senator José Peralta New York State (NYS) HESC DREAM Act Scholarships and Tuition Assistance Program has been established by the Higher Education Services Corporation to support students’ efforts to pursue higher education during the academic year 2023.
This HESC DREAM Act Scholarship program for students who are foreign nationals has been developed by the Higher Education Services Corporation. Candidates who wish to apply for a graduate or undergraduate degree in the United States are eligible.
Also check: Price Benowitz LLP Scholarships 2023 USA
The Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is the name of the office that administers financial aid for higher education in the state of New York. The policy of the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is to protect the procurement process from improper influences and make purchases of goods and services in a fair, equitable, and open manner. This is stated as the corporation’s mission statement.
The Finance Law of the State of New York applies to all HESC procurement and tells how it should be done. Examinations given by the United States Civil Service are used to select candidates for open jobs in HESC.
HESC DREAM Act Scholarship Highlights
- Organization: Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Award: Education funds
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: There is no set deadline. You can apply anytime during the college’s admissions period, typically September through July. Applications are reviewed as received. It will help if you plan on applying as early as possible.
Also check: University of Winnipeg Scholarships 2023 Canada
To qualify for HESC DREAM Act Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- All nationalities students are eligible.
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have both attended a New York State (NYS) high school for at least two years and have received an NYS high school diploma OR received an NYS high school equivalency diploma OR qualified for in-state tuition at SUNY or CUNY colleges.
- Apply within five years of earning your NYS high school or equivalency diploma if pursuing an undergraduate degree or ten years if pursuing a graduate degree.
- Have one of the following citizenship/immigration statuses:
- Have a T-Visa
- Have a U-Visa
- Have Temporary Protected Status
- Be without lawful immigration status.
- Be a U.S. Citizen whose permanent home is not in New York State.
- Be a paroled refugee whose permanent home is not in New York State.
- Be a Permanent Resident Alien whose home is not in New York State (NYS).
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the HESC DREAM Act Scholarship:
- In order to apply for this award Apply now; you will be directed to the DREAM Act application, powered by international scholarship & tuition Services (ISTS). After getting enrolled, please email NYSDREAM@applyISTS.com.
- Applicants must submit the NYS High School Transcript reflecting two or more years of High School attendance at an NYS High School & NYS High School Diploma;
- NYS High School Equivalency Diploma reflecting passing scores Note: Document uploads for the other programs will be indicated throughout the DREAM Act Application.
- Your high school transcript
- Tuition Bill or other documentation from your college showing that you are charged in state tuition
- Applicants must have a U.S. high school diploma or its recognized equivalent or must meet the university’s entry requirements.
- Students must have to submit certificates of English language competency.
The HESC DREAM Act Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The successfully selected candidates will be awarded education funds in the USA for the academic year 2023.