The United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) and the MasterCard Foundation are working together to offer the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for the 2023–2024 school year.
African students who want to attend one of the 13 undergraduate programs at a Kenyan university are eligible for the MasterCard Foundation scholarship.
The United States International University (USIU), a San Diego-based institution, established the university’s Nairobi campus in 1969. The United States International University, Nairobi Campus, became a separate school in 1999 when it changed its name to USIU Africa. In 2001, USIU and the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) joined together to form what is now Alliant International University.
Students develop leadership abilities and acquire ethical standards as part of their evolution and development, which will guide their experience and personal lives. This is done by giving students official courses in the right fields that give them opportunities to take on leadership roles both inside and outside of the classroom.
- University: United States International University-Africa
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: African students
- The award can be taken in Kenya
- Application Deadline: February 20, 2023.
To qualify for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- African students can apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be awarded in 13 undergraduate degree programs subjects in the following areas:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Bio statistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- To be eligible For MasterCard Foundation Scholarship, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Candidates must be young women and men, refugees and displaced youth, and youth with disabilities.
- Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and be motivated to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Students should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Applicants must commit to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship:
- To get this opportunity, candidates are suggested to take admission to the university (USIU-Africa), and then they will consider this scholarship program.
- To apply, applicants must provide proof of their previous academic transcript at the university.
- Students must meet the university requirements for an undergraduate degree.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support, which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.