Masters Scholarships for International Students at the University of Minnesota in the USA 2024: “Unlock the Doors to Your Educational Journey in the USA! Here’s the exciting scoop: the University of Minnesota is currently accepting applications for its scholarships, presenting a golden opportunity for international students for the academic year 2024. This article is your go-to guide, unveiling the intricacies of this scholarship program, spotlighting its fantastic benefits, and walking you through the hassle-free application process.
Embark on your academic adventure with a fully funded scholarship tailor-made for international students pursuing master’s degree studies. The scholarship encompasses all-encompassing coverage, including tuition, living expenses, travel, and health insurance.
Be in the know: The Sawiris Social Development Foundation proudly introduces the fourth edition of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program. This fully funded initiative is your ticket to pursuing an MDP (Master of Development Practice) degree from the prestigious University of Minnesota Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
Successful candidates will gain invaluable skills and knowledge through a dynamic curriculum, empowering them to tackle pressing issues in sustainable development. Picture addressing challenges like poverty and population increase, food insecurity, and climate change, along with the ins and outs of non-profit project and program administration.”
Interesting Facts About University of Minnesota
“The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (often referred to as U of M or Minnesota) stands as a prominent public land-grant research institution nestled in the Minnesota Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Its sprawling Twin Cities campus spans both Minneapolis and Falcon Heights, a suburb of St. Paul, strategically positioned approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) apart.
As of the 2019–20 academic year, this vibrant campus boasts a student body of 51,327, making it the oldest and largest within the University of Minnesota system. Remarkably, it holds the distinction of having the ninth-largest main campus student body in the entire United States, solidifying its status as the flagship institution of the University of Minnesota System. Comprising 19 colleges, schools, and other significant academic units, the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, is a testament to excellence in higher education.
The university’s roots trace back to 1851, when, seven years prior to Minnesota achieving statehood, the Minnesota Territorial Legislature laid the foundation for the University of Minnesota as a territorial university. Today, it proudly bears the classification of “R1: Doctoral Universities—Very High Research Activity.”
A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the University of Minnesota holds the 17th position in research activity, with an impressive $954 million in research and development expenditures during the fiscal year 2018. Recognized in 2001 as part of the public Ivy League universities, it stands among publicly funded institutions renowned for providing education of Ivy League caliber.
The University of Minnesota has garnered immense recognition, with faculty, alumni, and researchers boasting 26 Nobel Prizes and three Pulitzer Prizes. Among its accomplished alumni are 25 Rhodes Scholars, seven Marshall Scholars, twenty Truman Scholars, and a remarkable 127 Fulbright recipients. Noteworthy accolades extend to Guggenheim Fellows, Carnegie Fellows, and MacArthur Fellows, along with esteemed members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, and the National Academy of Engineering.
The university takes pride in its association with two former vice presidents of the United States, Hubert Humphrey and Walter Mondale, both University of Minnesota graduates. The iconic Bob Dylan, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2016, also graced the halls of this esteemed institution.
On the sports front, the Minnesota Golden Gophers fiercely compete in 21 NCAA Division I Big Ten Conference intercollegiate sports, securing an impressive 29 national championships. The university’s legacy extends beyond academics, with current and former students amassing an impressive 76 Olympic medals as of 2021.”
University of Minnesota Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Masters
- University Name: University of Minnesota
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to view all the available masters programs
- Program Period: Two years
- December 15 Annually: Deadline for consideration for both University of Minnesota fellowships and Humphrey School merit-based aid
- January 15 Annually: Deadline for consideration for Humphrey School merit-based aid
University of Minnesota Scholarship Benefits
The Masters Scholarships for International Students at the University of Minnesota in the USA 2024 provide the recipients with the following benefits:
- Full tuition.
- Living expenses.
- Travel and health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Minnesota Scholarship
To be eligible for a Masters Scholarship for International Students at the University of Minnesota in the USA in 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The required language is English
- All World Countries are eligible
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate an excellent professional and academic track record.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities, community work, entrepreneurial initiative).
- Demonstrate your inability to finance your studies with your own resources.
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) on the TOEFL, or 7 for the IELTS
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. No specific score is required.
- HR letter from the current employer, including a salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A copy of a valid passport ID page
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- One personal photo.
How to Apply for University of Minnesota Scholarship?
Please follow the below steps to avail of the Masters Scholarships for International Students at the University of Minnesota in the USA 2024:
- Choose Your Program: The Graduate School offers masters and doctoral degrees for more than 130 research-based graduate programs across two campuses. Which path will you choose?
- Review Application Criteria: Application requirements may vary from program to program. Be sure you have the correct materials and qualifications.
- Contact Your Program of Interest: Programs that require specific materials may not review your application for admission until they receive these materials.
- Check Application Deadlines: To ensure your application is processed efficiently, we strongly recommend that you submit your completed application and all required materials at least two weeks before your application deadline.
- Apply Now: Create an application, upload your transcripts and credentials, and pay the application fee.